01 August 2016

Jiiya (7) vs. Jiiya (9)


July was a slow month, but it's not my fault.  The blame lies entirely on the makers of Grandia.  If they didn't make such a fun game, I probably would've finished a chapter or two more.  Yep, not my fault at all.

To go with the Tea Ceremony chapter, a few notes for Kin/Gin Kanojo:
-I used "Tea Ceremony" as an all-encompassing word, though several different terms were used in the original.  While 'Sadou' and 'Cha no Yu' both mean 'tea ceremony' (though there are some slight differences), 'Chakai' refers to the gathering itself.  It's sometimes translated as 'tea party', but that makes me think of a group of 5 year old girls drinking imaginary tea, so I used 'tea ceremony' for that as well.
-Otemae (お点前) is like the etiquette of the tea ceremony.  It was used a few times, but there isn't really a good translation for it, so I picked phrases that fit the situation.

Enjoy the chapters!

Download Kin/Gin no Kanojo Chapter 7

Download Kimi to Boku Chapter 9

7 comments :

  1. please don't blame another thing just for your late update and I really thank you for this update but if you really fell bad about this then please make up for it by releasing more update much faster to catch up for four weeks late update

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...Except I don't feel bad about it? I'll release things when they're done. There's not really a way to speed it up, except by forgoing other things I like doing (which I won't).
      And that "blaming" was meant to be sarcastic, but apparently it was too obscure?

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the new chapter of Kin no Kanojo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No! You NEVER need to apologize for Grandia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I sense another fan. Grandia's been one of my all-time favorite games, and replaying it again after several years, it's still as good as I remember.

      Delete
  4. I don't care anymore I just want to read kin no kanojo that is why I keep on waiting for the new chapter to come out

    ReplyDelete